Turn Key Ready to Drop In Crate Motor!!
The AMS EVO VIII-IX 2.3RR Crate Motor is an AMS EXCLUSIVE! This is the ultimate in road racing power plants providing low RPM torque AND top end horsepower all without the hassle of sending in your cores. Our crate engine comes complete from valve cover to oil pan to timing belt and components. This package uses only the best products we sell and comes ready to drop into your EVO. Combine that with the latest in machine and assembly practices and you are assured only the best!
Engineered For Maximum Output Across The Entire Power-Band
In 2006 we set out to engineer and build an engine that has the RPM range of a 2.0L and the low RPM torque of a stroker. Rod ratio, rod length, and bore to stroke ratio were optimized to support high volumetric efficiency at all RPMs. What we ended up producing was an engine with the broadest power band in the industry!
Our Race Winning Experience Creates Higher Standards
This is not an off the shelf combination, no expense was spared on this motor. It is stuffed full of only the absolute BEST parts available. The foundation of this motor is an extended deck height block expertly machined to AMS specifications. Extra thick cylinder walls are bored and honed to accept 2.3RR AMS spec Manley lightweight pistons. The pistons have been specially designed for strength while reducing weight to minimize stress on wrist pins, rods and bearings. Our custom length, light weight 4340 billet rods are held to the billet crank with ARP 625+ Custom Age rod bolts. The rotating assembly is specifically designed for high strength and is meticulously balanced to the gram.
Do it right the first time, order your AMS EVO 2.3RR Crate Engine today!
- Balanced and blueprinted with precise, documented assembly
- Precision AMS spec machine work on block and cylinder head
- O-ringed block deck for improved head gasket seal
- AMS CNC Cylinder Head, the best 4G63 head available
- ARP Head Studs
- AMS Race Balance Shaft Eliminator for added oil pump reliability
- ARP Main Studs for peace of mind at high RPM
- Gates Timing Belt for added strength
- AMS Wet Sump Oil Pan prevents oil starvation and adds oil capacity
- Comes fully assembled, ready for installation
- Manley “Turbo Tuff Series” Crankshaft 4340 Billet
- Manley “Turbo Tuff Series” I-Beam rods
- Manley Lightweight Stroker Pistons
- ARP main stud kit
- AMS race balance shaft eliminator kit
- Your choice of Kelford Camshafts
- High performance rod & main bearings
- Oil pump & sprocket
- Crank sprocket & trigger plate
- Oil filter housing
- Rear main seal and housing
- Water pump
- O-ringed block deck
- AMS CNC cylinder head
- GSC Zero Tick lifters & rocker arms
- Custom Metal head gasket for proprietary bore size
- ARP head studs
- Adjustable cam gears
- Gates timing belt
- Zacklee cam gear cover
- Timing belt tensioner and all other timing components
- Valve cover
- Front engine mount bracket
- All necessary gaskets
- Displacement: 2.27 liters
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1 or 10.0:1
- Crankshaft: Custom stroke 4130 billet crank
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8, 9
- GSR, MR, RS and SE
Compression ratio options
- 9.0:1 – Is good for most street and race applications. This can be tuned to make great power on pump gas & race gas.
- 10.5:1 – Provides great power and response on race gas for track or strip. This can be run on pump gas with caution. (93+ octane only).
Please call to order.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with information when shopping for an engine. With all the engine programs and options available in the AMS catalog we recommend that you call in and talk to one of our trained professionals before making your decision. We can help you find the perfect engine for your application and performance needs. No matter what your performance goals may be we will get you an engine that best suits your needs…no more and no less. So give us a call!