We have been making some progress on the Hearse this week. We were all excited to get the new engine installed but first we needed to address a couple things. Before installing the LQ4 engine our head Hearse Technician, Danny, sorted through the factory wiring harness and eliminated the unnecessary wiring.
With the wiring cleaned up we gave the frame rails a quick coat of paint.
After installing the engine mount adapters we set the LQ4 engine into the Hearse.
The engine looks right at home without any real clearance issues. To keep the cost of the turbo kit down we reversed the factory manifolds.
Next week we will see if the 4L85e transmission will fit in the transmission tunnel and tackle the mounting and shifting of the new unit.